The Port Jefferson Rotary Club, one of over 34,000 such clubs worldwide, was founded in 1937 by George W. Andrews, who was then the editor of the "Port Jefferson Times".  The Northport Rotary Club sponsored this new service club, which was officially formed with 20 charter members.  Since 1937, our club has thrived, always nurtured by a core of longtime members and energized by a steady stream of new ones; and it has gone on to sponsor new clubs itself- in Stony Brook, Centereach, Rocky Point, and Middle Island.  Currently the club has forty members, nearly a quarter of whom are women. The Port Jefferson Rotary Club serves the communities of Port Jefferson, Belle Terre, Port Jefferson Station and Mount Sinai.

In addition to enjoying fellowship and camaraderie at weekly meetings and fundraising and then making donations to worthy causes, typical club activities also include a Past President's Dinner, sponsoring Interact Clubs at Port Jefferson and Mount Sinai High Schools, performing work days at Camp Pa-Qua-Tuck, hosting an exchange student, sponsoring a Gift of Life child, doing local road and beach cleanups and Stuff-A-Van events, filling school back packs and purchasing and wrapping Christmas gifts for the youth clientele of The Open Cupboard, co-sponsoring the Port Jeff Biathalon, working on a Habitat build, volunteering services at the Annual Charles Dickens Festival, participating in District, National, and International Conferences, and more.